Pages

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Almost two. And yemberzel.

So it's been a while - again! I clearly knew what I was talking about when I predicted that this blog was going to be "erratic"! There's just so much going on, and not enough days in the week, hours in a day.

I'm afraid it's still all about teething with us. It's been so intense for so long this time round that I'm completely exhausted. And so is baby. Four molars. Half in, half out. Pain killers pretty much every day. Quite intense.

We are coping though. And the fact that he is such an amazing, active and engaged child helps. He's into everything now. And his favourite words these days are: "what/who is that?", followed by "why?". I feel like I'm on a perpetual quiz show!

One of his most favourite things is to make a "tent" in his cot (with one of his blankets - which blanket, depends on what mood he's in: small white blanket if he wants to be alone in his tent, the big blue one if all three of us are going to huddle under it, and the knit green one when he's feeling "cold"!). It's a game we play at least once a day and if we forget he'll say it's been "such a long time"!

He's so delightfully involved with everything I do that I often find myself forgetting that he isn't even two yet. So to take care of that little detail for me and to remind me that he is in fact not quite two yet, he'll throw one of his typical, impossible "I'm-the-toddler-CEO-around-here" tantrums. I know the quickest way to peace is to give in. Then I worry of course, about what that teaches him: yell hard enough and long enough and you'll get your way. So I hedge. Try diversions. Pick him up. Show him the "moon" we've painted on the bedroom window (he loves the moon. Going to bed without saying "night night" to the moon, or "zoon" as he calls it, is unthinkable. Given that we live in cloudy London, painting one on the window was inevitable!). What seems to work best so far is to tickle him. Turns out he is a baby after all!

I mentioned, I think, in my last blog that my cousin was here, visiting. She's gone now. And how I miss her. Her visit just brought home the fact that I'm so "on my own" here. The days she was in London, she would drop by, we'd go out, stay in, she'd make tea, watch baby, we'd just talk and truth be told I was so much happier. Even with all the sleepless nights and baby-attached-to-the-hip days. And it's not like she had nothing else to do. She was working, but she made the time. For me. And for that, I love you R! I just wish her and the other R and a few of my girlfriends were around all the time. Life would be so much easier. But what's that they say about wishes, horses, beggars and riding?

Anyway, the other kinda big thing this week is that the Yemberzel website is finally up. And I really do have Husband to thank for it (makes for a nice change, given the murderous feelings we've been evoking in each other lately!). It's been such a journey. The designs, the jewellery, the pictures -- and finally it's all up there. And just for the record it did take me the better part of almost two years to get here. The designs were the easiest bit. Getting them made right was a challenge. The website, where it's all finally come together, is an achievement. Thank you H.

Now of course, all we need is for people to buy all that beautiful (even if I do say so myself!) stuff!

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the teething. Must be terrible. Vivaan is till short by 4 but he didn't really suffer much and he's past three now so am thinking that the last molars are probably never gonna make it. About Yemberzel could you send me a rate chart along with the pieces.

    And best of luck with your away time. Its essential for sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this... Loved it... obviously ;-). But do keep writing. The blog is engaging and fun.

    And yes, anything for you, sweetheart! Wish I could have 'really' helped around the house rather than just yakety-yaking :-).

    ReplyDelete